This year, make caring for your vision a priority.
- Eye exams are an important part of overall health. Eyes are windows to the soul. Many pathologies can be detected through an eye exam, making regular appointments an essential component of overall physical health.
- Eye care is for the whole family. Your vision may be perfect—but what about your spouse’s or your children’s? Vision benefits ensure that your whole family is provided for.
- Vision insurance can save you hundreds of dollars a year. From reduced costs when seeing an eye doctor to discounts on glasses and contacts, vision is one benefit that can prove its worth.
- Changes in eye health can be hard to spot! Do you notice yourself squinting? Are you experiencing headaches? Do your eyes feel tired at the end of the day? Time to get your eyes checked!
- Express your personal style! You have more than one pair of shoes. Why one pair of glasses? You don’t have to choose between versatile everyday frames and a bold statement look.
Heritage Vision Provider Network
Heritage Offers Ancillary Benefits
Download Our Open Enrollment Member Guide: Coming Soon!
Enrollment is Good for Business
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I be able to find a provider?Our network currently includes over 31,000 providers nationwide. Explore our Provider Search Tool to find a doctor in your area.
Will it cover surgery?Vision plans cover medically necessary procedures, but not elective surgeries such as LASIK. However, Heritage does offer discounts through our partnerships that can make LASIK surgery more affordable to our members.
What does vision insurance cover?Vision plans cover basic services, such as the cost of eye exams, as well as prescription glasses or contacts. Additional services that are deemed medically necessary may also be covered depending on your vision plan.
Who is covered by my vision insurance?Heritage offers plans through employers and service groups that can cover individuals or whole families. Talk to your benefit manager to hear about your options!
What if I miss open enrollment?You may be able to enroll outside the usual period if you have a qualifying life event. These include getting married, moving to a different health plan area, giving birth, adopting a child, or losing your former coverage.
What is open enrollment?Open enrollment is a window of opportunity where members can sign up for vision coverage or make changes to their current plan.
How do I know I need vision insurance?You never know when you or one of your dependents may experience vision loss. Vision insurance has your back, and can even help you detect health conditions early through regular screening.
Born and bred in Detroit, we are a minority-owned, veteran-owned, and woman-led vision benefits administrator with ties in our community that go back nearly fifty years. We are small but mighty, with the flexibility to accommodate member groups large and small, and a committed support team who will actually pick up the phone when you call.
Our roots have instilled in us an awareness of the value of giving back. That’s why we developed an eye health program in partnership with local school districts to provide free eye exams and glasses to disadvantaged children. We also fund more than a dozen local and national programs, including National Kidney Foundation of Michigan, University of Detroit Mercy Scholarship Fund, NAACP Fight for Freedom Fund, and Detroit Meals on Wheels.
Whether you’re an employer interested in expanding vision coverage for your employees or an agent looking to partner, we’re here to work with you. Contact us today to get started.